Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora

Really heartbreaking day. I have kids. I worry for them always. On days like today that worry becomes something more akin to actual pain. The person who did this right or left, muslim or christian,  insane or completely lost, has not one spark of human decency in him. I have no heart to look for political points in the midst of this tragedy. I care not if he is a right wing zealot or a left wing anarchist. All I know is that he was a person with too much confusion, or too much hate, or a lethal combination of both. I do not hate him, but I hate the hatred in him that led to this heinous and violent act. Mostly though like most everyone else, I just grieve. Something as a nation it seems we find the need to do far too often. When will it end? How can we make this string of tragedies stop? For those that will call for  more guns or less I tell you that you miss the mark. Our guns show the limits of our humanity, our inability to see, love and protect what is sacred in ourselves and those around us. I for one believe when we learn how to love again, if we can learn how to do that, we will know what to do with our guns. For those who desire to talk about guns (or politics) today I say can we talk about love? Tonight, before I sleep, I will pray for love. Nothing else will be adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment